Jarrod R. Daniel, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Teamwork has always been a vital part of Dr. Daniel’s life and career. It was important as a professional hockey player in his native Alberta, Canada. When he moved into medicine, he was part of an elite team of surgeons working alongside some of the world’s finest at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Now at the Plastic Surgery Center of Portland, Maine, he finds the camaraderie and collaboration with Dr. Verne Weisberg and staff to be a key factor in providing the best possible care for all clients.
“Creating connections with the patients and reaching goals together is what drew me to this field,” explains Dr. Daniel. “The pursuit of perfection constantly drives me to do better for my patients. And this practice puts them first.”
Dr. Daniel encourages all those considering plastic surgery to research the surgeon’s qualifications, and to ask the tough questions to arrive at a shared vision. He understands the trust involved when patients put their expectations and lives in his hands, so he’s there for his patients from the first consultation through the surgery and post-op follow-ups.
He has showcased his talents by performing live surgeries at international conferences. In addition to delivering lectures on a multitude of topics, he has contributed chapters to several books in the field of plastic surgery.
Away from the office, Dr. Daniel is a runner, a golfer and a fly fisherman. He enjoys spending time with his wife Frederique and sharing his lifelong love of hockey with their four children.
- Undergraduate: McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Medical School: Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- General Surgery Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Emory University
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Residents and Fellows Membership
- Certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Emory University Plastic Surgery Residency Class Representative
- Leadership Advisory Council of McGill University’s Institute for the Study of International Development
- Medical Advisory Board for the International Breast Milk Project Organization